Website "News" page issues

Open Forum
Post Reply
User avatar
ullabritt
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 Jul 2006, 17:51

Website "News" page issues

Post by ullabritt » 21 Jan 2007, 01:10

Hi Snuggles and the rest of LR, hope you are doing fine these days.

As I am a daily visitor of your website, I wanted to inform you about a, probably, website bug. The background color in some parts of "News", the start page, isn't shown at all. All I see behind the content and lewt text is the background pattern image.

I am using FF:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050318 Firefox/1.0.2

Otherwise, best of luck in the world of The Burning Crusade! Hugs, Knullabritt.

User avatar
Kerp
Posts: 1113
Joined: 06 Jul 2005, 23:07
Location: Sweden

Post by Kerp » 21 Jan 2007, 01:28

NOOB
Image

User avatar
Seraphex
Posts: 1804
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 13:54
Location: Helsinki

Post by Seraphex » 21 Jan 2007, 01:41

Maybe you should stop using Firefox 1.02 and switch to 2.0.0.1 then

User avatar
Nopher
Keeper of the VoIP
Posts: 2687
Joined: 25 May 2005, 00:11
Location: Sweden

Post by Nopher » 21 Jan 2007, 02:29

ullabritt wrote:I am using FF:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050318 Firefox/1.0.2
Hi,

The site renders without problems in IE 6.5, IE 7.0, Opera and Firefox 2.x. I see you're using version 1.0.2 of Firefox which was released in March 2005, almost two years ago. I'm not going to make the effort to make sure the site renders well in really old browsers because, well, you shouldn't really be browsing the Internet at all with outdated software. A quick search shows 39 security advisories for Firefox 1.x. Do yourself a favour and update to the latest version of whatever browser you prefer; not only will this site look awesome you'll be more secure as well!
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

User avatar
Seraphex
Posts: 1804
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 13:54
Location: Helsinki

Post by Seraphex » 21 Jan 2007, 03:21

nopher wrote:
ullabritt wrote:I am using FF:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050318 Firefox/1.0.2
Hi,

The site renders without problems in IE 6.5, IE 7.0, Opera and Firefox 2.x. I see you're using version 1.0.2 of Firefox which was released in March 2005, almost two years ago. I'm not going to make the effort to make sure the site renders well in really old browsers because, well, you shouldn't really be browsing the Internet at all with outdated software. A quick search shows 39 security advisories for Firefox 1.x. Do yourself a favour and update to the latest version of whatever browser you prefer; not only will this site look awesome you'll be more secure as well!
So why didn't you just quote me :(

User avatar
Nopher
Keeper of the VoIP
Posts: 2687
Joined: 25 May 2005, 00:11
Location: Sweden

Post by Nopher » 21 Jan 2007, 03:52

Seraphex wrote:
nopher wrote:
ullabritt wrote:I am using FF:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050318 Firefox/1.0.2
Hi,

The site renders without problems in IE 6.5, IE 7.0, Opera and Firefox 2.x. I see you're using version 1.0.2 of Firefox which was released in March 2005, almost two years ago. I'm not going to make the effort to make sure the site renders well in really old browsers because, well, you shouldn't really be browsing the Internet at all with outdated software. A quick search shows 39 security advisories for Firefox 1.x. Do yourself a favour and update to the latest version of whatever browser you prefer; not only will this site look awesome you'll be more secure as well!
So why didn't you just quote me :(
I wanted to be a nice guy :(
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

User avatar
Triumphant
Posts: 1618
Joined: 25 Apr 2005, 03:21
Location: Finland

Post by Triumphant » 21 Jan 2007, 05:50

What kind of a person would use old version of Mozilla Firefox.
setl dei nunbrig omes gisp
tels ide ginrnub semo psig
lest ied nubring meos gsip
stel eid gninrub emos sgip

User avatar
ullabritt
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 Jul 2006, 17:51

Post by ullabritt » 21 Jan 2007, 10:04

Flameage. Time to update then, thanks for the notification, and sorry for it as well, lyl.

Banai
Honorary Spy of Last Resort
Posts: 3974
Joined: 09 Feb 2005, 17:04
Location: Sweden

Post by Banai » 21 Jan 2007, 12:10

=( =( =(
:swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe: :swe:

User avatar
Hornen
Posts: 788
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 14:44
Location: Germany

Post by Hornen » 21 Jan 2007, 15:29

That stuff even has autoupdate functions, how could you not let that happen :(
not only will this site look awesome
i liked the old one better!
Last edited by Hornen on 21 Jan 2007, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Uuuuuh yeah, Ultra-Peepi.

User avatar
Teacup
Posts: 128
Joined: 22 May 2005, 20:36
Location: The open pasture-lands

Post by Teacup » 21 Jan 2007, 16:01

Hornen wrote:That stuff even has autoupdate functions, how could you not let that happen :(
not only will this site look awesome
i liked the old one better!
Oh no you di-int.


/Teacup
This is what it sounds like when moocows cry.

User avatar
Kerp
Posts: 1113
Joined: 06 Jul 2005, 23:07
Location: Sweden

Post by Kerp » 22 Jan 2007, 06:00

Beherit wrote:What kind of a person would use old version of Mozilla Firefox.
or a monitor from the 80's
Image

User avatar
Marfy
Posts: 646
Joined: 06 Jun 2005, 00:38
Location: Belgium

Post by Marfy » 22 Jan 2007, 07:30

Fuck you, Teacup
Germany is ASS

User avatar
kreml
Posts: 358
Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 19:32

Post by kreml » 22 Jan 2007, 09:15

nopher wrote:
Seraphex wrote:
nopher wrote:Hi,

The site renders without problems in IE 6.5, IE 7.0, Opera and Firefox 2.x. I see you're using version 1.0.2 of Firefox which was released in March 2005, almost two years ago. I'm not going to make the effort to make sure the site renders well in really old browsers because, well, you shouldn't really be browsing the Internet at all with outdated software. A quick search shows 39 security advisories for Firefox 1.x. Do yourself a favour and update to the latest version of whatever browser you prefer; not only will this site look awesome you'll be more secure as well!
So why didn't you just quote me :(
I wanted to be a nice guy :(
How is that being nice?!

The customer is always right or something.

Also, as a side note, the site renders somewhat funny in my browser, I'm using Lynx on a somewhat dated Red Hat release.

User avatar
Nopher
Keeper of the VoIP
Posts: 2687
Joined: 25 May 2005, 00:11
Location: Sweden

Post by Nopher » 22 Jan 2007, 11:57

kreml wrote:
nopher wrote:
Seraphex wrote:So why didn't you just quote me :(
I wanted to be a nice guy :(
How is that being nice?!

The customer is always right or something.

Also, as a side note, the site renders somewhat funny in my browser, I'm using Lynx on a somewhat dated Red Hat release.
Its a friend of Kerp, not a customer :( The site does look kind of nice in the latest release of Lynx though!

Image
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

User avatar
Seraphex
Posts: 1804
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 13:54
Location: Helsinki

Post by Seraphex » 22 Jan 2007, 13:26

Woah my nerd-o-meter is telling me this thread is over nine thousand

User avatar
Hornen
Posts: 788
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 14:44
Location: Germany

Post by Hornen » 22 Jan 2007, 15:04

Very.

Disturbing.

Signature.
Image
Uuuuuh yeah, Ultra-Peepi.

User avatar
kreml
Posts: 358
Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 19:32

Post by kreml » 22 Jan 2007, 16:29

HOW ABOUT YOU STOP HAVING FUCKING ANIMATED AVATARS AND SIGNATURES THIS FORUM LOOKS LIKE A PORNO PAGE FROM THE EARLY 90'S.

User avatar
sarene
Posts: 27
Joined: 16 Jul 2006, 23:25
Location: Sweden

Post by sarene » 22 Jan 2007, 16:39

kreml wrote:HOW ABOUT YOU STOP HAVING FUCKING ANIMATED AVATARS AND SIGNATURES THIS FORUM LOOKS LIKE A PORNO PAGE FROM THE EARLY 90'S.
so.... wth is wrong whit that???!!!

User avatar
Hornen
Posts: 788
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 14:44
Location: Germany

Post by Hornen » 22 Jan 2007, 19:07

Mutton.
Image
Uuuuuh yeah, Ultra-Peepi.

Post Reply